Tabitha's Book Blog

A young adult book blog where I read and review the books I like - and then maybe some that I don't like.

Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite - Kiera Cass
When I first received this book for review - I hadn't read The Selection yet, so I had no idea if I'd enjoy this one. However, once I'd finished The Selection, I immediately had to jump into this one, and it wasso so SO good. And the fact that this book was given to me as a part of the Princess Project made it all the more special.

Our main character, America - is still in The Selection - a competition much like the popular television series, The Bachelor - where the prince of Illea is looking for his future queen. The competition has narrowed down from 35 to 6 girls, and that leaves America with a bit of a disadvantage. She can't decide between the two guys in her life, Maxon and Aspen. That added with the rebel attacks that are becoming more and more violent - makes for an interesting time for America.

Like I mentioned before - the competition has narrowed down to 6 girls, which means that we get a deeper look into almost every character in the book. I really liked getting to see some background history on a few different characters, and learning more about how what we now know as America became this place called Illea. It was all very interesting, and it gave me a new respect for certain characters.

I'm probably the only person in the world or at least the book blogging world that doesn't like either of the guys in the series. It's just, neither one has done anything to make me like them more than the other - and I guess that's part of why I think it's such a good love triangle. I like not liking one character over another, and having no idea who the main character will end up with. However, with this one I think we all have a pretty good idea.

Despite what I said about not liking either of the guys - that doesn't mean that the romance wasn't a highlight of the book. Not much was happening action wise, so these little moments we have with the characters was really nice, and it was definitely what I was looking forward to the most in this book.
Source: http://tabithabookblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/review-elite-by-kiera-cass.html